The Battery Lab Technician will be accountable for handling commercial lead-acid batteries, applying their testing schedules as designed by the Battery Testing Group Leader, operating the battery testing equipment, and conducting failure mode analysis. They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team exploring and validating new commercial avenues for Black Diamond Structure’s lead-acid and lithium battery additives. This will involve electrical/material performance tests designed to address product quality control, product development, and customer support as well as the documentation/reporting required of each. These additives involve cutting edge nanotechnology and are currently commercially available in most continents.
The candidate must be familiar with essential electrical equipment procedures and safety protocols. The candidate will need to be comfortable working with heavy equipment, including performing routine maintenance, and assisting in general lab upkeep.
• Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Preferred areas of study: Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering; Electrochemistry; Material Science; Battery Testing
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience testing Lead Acid or Lithium Batteries is highly preferred
• Knowledge of Bitrode or Arbin testing equipment and programming highly preferred
• Previous experience handling large quantities of acid and the safety concerns associated
• Hands-on experience with common power tools (ex. Saws-all, power drill)
• Prior experience with laboratory equipment and safety procedures
• Understanding of lead and lithium battery chemistry/technology is preferred, not required
• Knowledge or materials analysis equipment (ex. XRD, Porosimetry) is preferred, not required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications expected
• Proficiency in programming (ex. R, MyRio) or data analysis software (ex. Igor, tableau) optional
• Reliable and hard-working individual
• Demonstrated capability to learn on the job quickly
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently or in a team
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision with a strong sense of urgency
• Ready and willing to complete basic maintenance tasks on occasion (ex. mopping, sweeping)
• The ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for prolonged periods of time
Additional Salary Information: Open to negotiation.
We are a global leader in nanomaterial based solutions for the lead acid and lithium ion battery industries. Our unique technology, MOLECULAR REBAR, when added to a battery’s active material greatly enhances the mechanical and electrochemical properties, providing longer life, greater performance and significant value for our customers.
Back to top
330 North Wabash Avenue, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60611 (P) 888.747.7862 or 312.321.6845 (F) 312.644.0310 email@example.com