Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changing medicines to those who need them and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at http://bit.ly/lillycareer
• A Purposeful Career—bringing together people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines that improve peoples’ lives around the world.
• A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work.
• An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
• A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
• A Vibrant Community—headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, Ind. — Time Magazine ranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for:
• Highly motivated and driven leaders
• Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
• Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Scientists at Lilly are responsible for:
• ensuring reliability of our manufacturing and utility systems
• searching for and implementing continuous improvements
• maintaining our facilities and processes in a state of compliance with US and global regulations
• managing capital projects
• designing and developing drug delivery systems
The positions are entry level scientist positions in the Tech Services Manufacturing Sciences (TSMS) or Quality organizations and will be in areas including science and technology, direct process support as well as analytical laboratory support. The positions expose employees to the technology, science, and regulatory requirements for making commercialized life-saving medicine in therapeutic areas including: diabetes, oncology, endocrinology, and animal health.
Scientists actively contribute to the TSMS and Quality organizations, building a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role scientists play in creating solutions for Eli Lilly and Company. Scientists interact with other engineering, manufacturing, development, and other science professionals.
Project opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Dry Products (tablets)
• Parenteral Products
• Bulk Processing (small and large molecule)
• Small Molecule Design & Development
• Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business related technical project
• Understand the scientific principles required for manufacturing pharmaceutical substances, including the interaction of the chemistry and equipment.
• Provide technical support to non-routine (e.g. deviation) investigations.
• Be capable of preparing relevant technical documents, such as Reports, Change Controls, Regulatory submissions, Deviations, Protocols, etc.
• Utilize the principles of Good Laboratory Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices and principles to analyze process intermediates, active pharma ingredients, and drug product in a Quality Control Lab (QCL) using analytical techniques such as: wet chemistry, HPLC, ICP, AA, Titration, and/or Microbiological Assays.
• Actively run a technical improvement agenda within area of responsibility to drive process improvement
• Monitor and appropriately react to established statistically based metrics in real-time to assess process variability and capability.
• Work within cross-functional teams in a positive fashion to implement TSMS or Quality objectives and deliver on business plan and quality objectives.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
• Currently attending college and completion of a BS or MS scientific discipline degree by August 2018.
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Eli Lilly and Company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this employment position.
• Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
About Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the
world. We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changing medicines to those who need them and give
back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at
BACK TO TOP
330 North Wabash Avenue, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60611 (P) 888.747.7862 or 312.321.6845 (F) 312.644.0310 firstname.lastname@example.org