Investment Management, General Manager - Sales Distribution & Strategy, Shanghai
April 14, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
For over 40 years, Morgan Stanley Investment Management ("MSIM"), the asset management division of Morgan Stanley, has been committed to delivering exceptional service, superior investment results and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base that includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The firm combines the benefits of size, scale and global scope with the focus and dedication of a boutique investment firm. MSIM offers one of the industry's broadestranges of investment solutions, a competitive track-record and excellent client service through offices located around the world. The firm and its investment advisory affiliates manage assets of approximately $482 billion that is overseen by over 600 investment professionals in 20 countries worldwide, and offers wide range of globally diversified investment strategies, including equities, fixed income and alternative investments.
As General Manager, you will be the senior manager of a QDLP WFOE that MSIM is in the process of establishing in Pudong, Shanghai and be responsible for the overall management of the QDLP business.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of setting up and maintaining the QDLP business in China
- Providing strategic direction regarding the selection and / or development of investment products appropriate to QDLP investors, with a focus on marketing, distribution and sales
- Contributing towards the development and delivery of a long term growth strategy for MSIM in Mainland China
- Developing client relationships and maintaining existing client relationships to successfully market MSIM's asset management capabilities
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to distributors, regulators, and infrastructure support vendors).
- Working actively and collaboratively across the Division to deliver a seamless client experience throughout the sales process
- Networking effectively with regional counterparts, in order to leverage cross selling opportunities and deliver the whole of Morgan Stanley to clients
Experience and Skills required
- The candidate must have good knowledge of the asset management industry and the various forms of the main investment products across all asset classes
- Private equity or mutual funds experience and background in intermediary clients sales preferred
- The candidate must have experience working with clients in China, and be able to establish and consolidate relationships across the Asia Region
- Strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across MSIM and the broader organisation
- Fluency in Mandarin required
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.