Field Service Specialist - Power Distribution Group-1700932
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
- Are passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
- Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
- If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is The Chemical Company focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Geismar Engineering and Maintenance group and we're working hard to build our Power Distribution teams.
This is where you come in.
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Field Service Specialist, Power Distribution Group, to provide electrical expertise concerning predictive/preventive maintenance testing techniques across the Geismar, LA site and collaborate with Asset Management and Reliability Engineers related to predictive/preventive test results, maintenance frequencies, system design, commissioning, and maintenance.
Field Service Specialist, Power Distribution Group (1700932) Geismar, LA
You will also provide technical support and recommendations during Root Cause Failure Analysis, troubleshooting of power distribution problems and during innovation discussions. You will also serve as the primary trainer for developing the maintenance skills for the Power Distribution contract electricians.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Use of predictive testing tools such as Infrared Cameras, Ultrasound, Baker AWA IV-12, TTR, Power Factor, Digital Low Resistance ohm meter, Insulation resistance meter, Dielectric withstand voltage test set.
- Perform switching of electrical distribution equipment (230,138KV, 15KV, 5KV, 600V).
- Perform grounding surveys to verify grounding grid.
- Lead phasing activities for equipment up to 35 kV.
- Operate power quality instrumentation, and primary and secondary injection, relay test equipment.
- Perform initial interpretation of all test results.
- Troubleshoot electrical power equipment problems and performance issues.
- Adhere to testing and service protocols such as ANSI/IEEE/NETA procedures and OEM requirements.
- Provide support for execution of the sites UPS maintenance strategy.
- Provide support for Power Distribution capital projects.
- Perform testing of protective relaying equipment, and relaying schemes.
- Perform Installation, commissioning, and testing of SCADA systems.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits.
- Performs testing of Power and Distribution transformers using Doble Test set.
- Read and interpret control prints, wiring diagrams, and relaying schematics.
- Update one line drawings via redlines when discrepancies are identified.
- Assist in developing written commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures.
- Perform testing on medium and Power Distribution circuit breakers, switchgear, capacitor banks and controls.
- Perform testing on UPSs.
- Participate in RCFAs.
- Identify of reliability near misses.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Communicate with supervision and Asset Management.
- Serve as part of an on-call system, emergency response crew and willing to travel.
- Ensure all activities comply with site and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Execute maintenance task in a quality manner to avoid rework.
- Provide feedback to planners on quality of job plan detail and accuracy.
- Close notifications and TECO Work orders, as required.
- Participate in craft level feedback i.e., Visual board updates.
- Participate in 5S activities to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related industrial field with 2+ years of power distribution experience, or AS degree in Electrical Engineering or related industrial field with 4+ years of power distribution experience, or High School diploma or equivalent with 7+ years of experience in power system testing.
- Experience working with voltages at 13.8KV or higher and a thorough understanding of three (3) phase power systems
- Testing skills and understand fundamental electrical testing procedures as well as experience using Digital Low Resistance ohm meter, insulation resistance testers, and dielectric withstand testers
- Basic working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70E, ANSI/IEEE standards, and NETA requirements
- Experience performing primary and secondary current injection or experience testing protective relays
- Experience troubleshooting Low Voltage or medium voltage switch gear
- Experience interpreting electrical one-lines, relay one-lines, and elementary diagrams
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America