Under the direction of the Distribution & System Manager is responsible for transporting and stocking of supplies and medications to off-site hospital locations.
- 1. Policy and Procedures: (A) Carry out all departmental procedures relating to requisitioning, inventorying, storing, safety, receiving and shipping. (B) Consistent with the hospital vision to surpass the expectations of those who depend on us, demonstrates a customer focus while providing services (e.g., maintains confidentiality, is courteous to all customers/patients, families and all other hospital staff; addresses and follows up on all customer concerns.
- 2. Delivery of materials: (A) Delivery supplies, medications and other material to off-site hospital locations in a timely and efficient manner. (B) Observe all State of Wisconsin driving regulations and maintains safety precautions in operation of delivery vehicle.
- 3. Problem Solving: Respond to questions and problem solves concerns from customers regarding stock availability, expected delivery time, and shipping options and methods.
- 4. Floor Stock Management: Manages department patient care areas floor stock, including product amount for replenishment (PAR Levels) and Exchange Carts, by providing utilization information and working with department representatives to ensure appropriate levels and type of supplies are maintained.
- 5. Product Replenishment: (A) Inventory patient care areas floor stock to identify products needing to be replenished based on predetermined levels. (B) Requests are entered in the computerized Materials Information System. (C) Pick lists are printed and transactions are posted to the appropriate account. (D) Products are collected, delivered and placed in designated location. (E) Generate patient charge stickers using the computer and apply the sticker to the products when needed, prior to delivery.
- 6. Medication Handling: (A) Pick up medications to be delivered from pharmacy and restocks automated machines for dispensing medications and prescriptions or other stock areas for off-site hospital locations. (B) Empties the medication return bin per procedure. (C) Alerts Pharmacy Technician and charge nurse regarding automated medication and prescription machine dispensing discrepancies that need to be resolved. (D) Exchange cubies or make other minor adjustments when necessary and notifies the Pharmacy Technician regarding missing labels, broken dividers, etc.
- 7. Teamwork: (A) Works effectively as a team member, contributing to the overall efficiency and harmonious working relationships of the department. (B) Adapts to change in procedures, equipment and schedules, to meet the needs requested by our customers. (C) Maintain skills and knowledge at the competency level required for the position. (D) Assists with training of personnel by sharing expertise and knowledge. (E) Perform other duties as assigned.
- 8. Communication: (A) Communicate with supervisor, coworkers, peers and other members of the department regarding work issues. (B) Acts as a liaison between off-site hospital locations and Material and Supply Services to ensure that all problems, complaints, and concerns of the customer are referred to the supervisor or technical representative.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Valid Wisconsin driver's license with good driving record required.
Demonstrates work history is required.
Good interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with others.
Ability to work with and operate computer equipment for data entry.
Able to perform basic math calculations. Must know the location of departments within the hospital and off-site locations.
Must understand use of all tools and equipment used within the department.
Must have knowledge of all state driving and highway safety regulations, the general operation and maintenance of the automobile and be a skilled driver.
Experience in receiving, shipping and general office procedures preferred. Some knowledge of medications is desirable.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison:
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program.
Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to more than 30,000 residents.