Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
- High School diploma is required, an Associates or two year Engineering / Business / Management degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a manufacturing facility is required with 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience desired or 5-10 years of process knowledge experience in lieu of the supervisory experience
- Experience working in a Union facility is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective relationships quickly
- Experience in working as part of a team with a strong technical aptitude.
- Possess solid communication skills, both verbal and written and display initiative and a have a strong drive for results.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications including e-mail, inventory, production reporting and maintenance system (SAP), payroll systems, word processing and spreadsheets.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.